The high density plasma is created, surrounded by the coil, and act as the secondary coil in a transformer, accelerating the electrons and ions, and thus causing collisions that produce even more ions and electrons.
- Basic plasma research.
- Photo-resist etching.
- III-V compound semiconductors (GaAsn, InP, GaN).
- Si, SiO2, SiNx.
- metal, silicon, resist etching.
- Flexible substrate size up to 12 inch in diameter.
- Excellent thin-film uniformity of less than ±3%.
- Mass flow controllers with highly uniform gas distribution.
- Substrate chuck heating up to 300°C or cooling down to -20°C by stable process temperatures control.
- ICP plasma up to 2000W with Tornado ICP coil increasing deposition under low temperature.
- Low damage, high rate process, high aspect ratio.
- Wafer clamping with helium backside cooling helps anisotropic etch.
- RF powered showerhead with optimised gas distribution.
- Aluminum hard anodized chamber.
- Chamber temperature control by using water chiller/heater.
- Electrostatic Chuck.
- Endpoint monitors (OES, laser) compatibility.
- Cluster allows for vacuum transfer of substrates.