Single Wafer Handling
- General tool for tangential edge handling of round substrates in manual wafer process laboratory R&D applications.
- Designed for secure and safe wafer holding, facilitating placement in a chemical beaker/bath to ensure chemicals reach both the front and back of the wafer.
- Gripper height accommodates up to 50 mm of liquid submersion.
- Grippers can be strategically positioned around the wafer edge, and trigger opened for lifting wafer into the tool from a flat surface.
- Grippers withstand up to 250°C short-term exposure.
- Ideal for rescuing wafers stuck inside a process tool or automation.
- For the removal of wafers from a CMP or wafer polishing platen/pad.
A normally closed three-point mechanical pick, designed for dedicated handling of round substrates with diameters 200 mm, specifically targeting the tangential wafer diameter. This pick is versatile, suitable for both laboratory single wafer processing and wafer rescue applications. The 50 mm height grippers are crafted from high-performance PTFE Teflon®, ensuring resistance to chemicals and high temperatures. The WHS-G3 includes a trigger with an adjustable stop mechanism, allowing for the modification of spring tension to handle compound and thin wafers. It is purposefully designed for use in ISO Class 4 cleanrooms, meeting stringent cleanliness standards. An optional tabletop pedestal holder is available to keep the handling tool organized and clean in between use.