- Transfer - Transferring photomasks and reticles manually between storage boxes in the stockroom mask library and production mask boxes like Reticle SMIF Pods (RSP), Nikon cartridge reticle boxes, or Canon cartridge reticle boxes.
- Inspection - Performing macro integrity checks during transfer, where mask handling operators visually inspect masks for bar code ID, particles, chrome defects, contamination, or damage to the pellicle frame or film.
- Mask aligners - Loading and unloading photolithography mask aligner tools using mask picks.
- Metrology - Loading and unloading microscopes and metrology tools for inspecting masks and reticles using mask picks.
- Cleaning - Handling photomasks during regular cleaning applications such as spot cleaning and full submersion solvent cleans.
- Mask shops - Commonly used in the manufacturing production areas and repair of masks in mask shops.
The WHS-L2 is a normally closed (consistent-force) horizontal offset grip mechanical pick for handling 5"x 5" x 0.090" photomasks from the tangential edge to reduce contamination by eliminating contact with chrome. Advanced gripper manufacturing for longevity, antistatic properties, and general chemical resistance. ISO Class 3.