- Specialty wafer handling - General edge only handling of bonded, double topography, Taiko, optical, TSV, MEMS and other wafers that cannot be handled by a backside contact handling methods.
- Rescue - Rescuing wafers that are stuck inside a process tool or automation.
- Standard handling - Manually transferring, sorting, and loading wafers in a wafer fab. Works for both silicon and compound wafers.
- Inspection - Sample inspecting wafers for macro defects, particles, and scratches, which typically requires operators to inspect under specialized lighting.
- Economical handling tool - Used as cost-effective and portable alternative to a vacuum wands for general wafer handling applications; and as a replacement for tweezers which leave scratches behind.
A normally closed (consistent-force) edge exclusion mechanical pick for handling 150 mm round substrates from the wafer edge. The gripper material is ESD-safe PEEK for longevity, antistatic properties, and general chemical resistance. The wafer contact pad is perfluorinated strip for grip hold on the wafer without scratching or leaving out-gassing behind. ISO Class 5.