Model UH108 Series Wafer Backlapping Film Applicators are the ideal benchtop solutions for your frontside protection tape application requirements. They offer a high degree of repeatable accuracy and are capable of cutting the film to the edge of the wafer, including the alignment flats, within 0.005" in less than 20 seconds. A wide range of features and options are available to ensure bubble-free lamination to all sizes and types of wafers. The Model UH108-8 has 8-inch wafer capability and can also accommodate a smaller wafer for added versatility.
- Up to 8" wafer capability (please specify wafer size with order)
- Cuts film to the edge of the wafer, including flats, within 0.005"
- Adjustable cutting angle, depth, and diameter to control film overhang
- Adjustable roller pressure from topside to accommodate different film requirements and various wafer thicknesses
- Adjustable spring-loaded roller assembly ensures bubble-free lamination
- Adjustable alignment pins accommodate any wafer size
- Adjustable cutter assembly for either a "contact cut" (wafers with alignment flats) OR a "non-contact cut" (wafers with alignment notch)
- Operates with non-backed or backed* film
- Optional Take-up Roller Assembly available for film with backing liner
- Sping loaded tensioner bar prevents wafer stress due to film stretch
- Wafer-centering mechanism
- Vacuum securing wafer stage
- Retractable cutting knife blade for operator safety
- Protective Film Take-up Roller Assembly: A gear-driven take-up
- Roller Assembly is available for use with protective layer-backed films, which automatically winds the protective layer onto a plastic core for easy handling and disposal.
- Static Eliminator (with or without Power Safety Interlock Switch):
- A static ionization bar prevents static build-up caused from either the film unwinding or from the separation of the film from the protective layer.
- 5" wafer capability
- 6" wafer capability